Mold Removal Products and How to Use Themby Alana Morein
When it comes to mold and mildew, it’s almost always a continuous battle to keep them out of your home. Their spores can remain dormant for a very long time and reappear at the most inconvenient times. And because mold removal products are the only thing that can help you remove the mold and mildew that invades your home, it’s absolutely essential that their free of harmful chemicals.
A product whose ingredients include chemicals and other artificial additives are not only harmful to one’s health, they can also be extremely dangerous to the environment. Instead, you should be using a household black mold removal spray that is organic with ingredients made from Mother Nature and is eco-friendly.
Of course a product should only be used if the mold and mildew is minimal. If you have an excessive amount of the fungi you should seek the help of a professional mold inspector who can advise you on the types of mold you have in your home and the best way to remove them.
If you find that your mold problem is simple enough for you to handle, then there’s no reason why you can’t handle the job yourself. In general, the easiest way to remove mold and mildew from your home is to follow the manufacturer’s guide on the back of the bottle, but always remember that even when you’re working with organic sprays, safety is still a priority.
You’ll want to make sure you’re wearing the proper attire when working around any type of fungus. Proper attire should include protective eyewear with side shields, a respiratory or paper mask at the very least and a pair of rubber gloves that extend to the elbows.
You’ll also want to block off the area you’ll be working with using a sheet of painter’s plastic and tape. Taping off the affected area will prevent the fungus’s spores from spreading to other areas of your home.
Now you’re ready to spray the affected area with your chosen natural mold removal product and allow the ingredients to set for at least five minutes unless the manufacturer says otherwise.
Next wipe the area with a dry rag to remove any visible mold. Then spray the affected area again if necessary. For most sprays, it’s generally best not to rinse them away with water, but if your chosen product notes otherwise, then it’s best to follow those directions.
Once you’ve cleaned the moldy area, you’ll need to discard the rags and other items that you used around the contaminated area in a sealed bag and remove it from your home immediately. Remember, spores can become airborne and migrate, so it’s best to eliminate any sources that can contaminate your home.