Mold Poisoning Can Be a Very Serious Problemby Alana Morein
Because winter is here, many of us will catch everything from the common cold to the flu. Yet what happens when that common cold or flu just never seems to go away? Well, if you’re like most people you’d probably go to the doctor and let him or her determine the cause.
Or you may find yourself just assuming that you have a weak immune system. Anyway you go about it, if your illnesses are sudden or just won’t go away, you may want to consider the possibility that you have mold poisoning.
And unfortunately, there are many symptoms that can cause health related issues brought on by mold. Some people may realize they have the symptoms of toxic mold in their system while it may take years for some to figure it out and others may never even know it.
And in most cases you don’t have to have every single symptom to be exposed to toxic black mold. Some people may just experience one or two symptoms while others may experience as many as ten.
Some of the more common symptoms of black mold poisoning can include headaches, muscle pain, cramps, fatigue, weakness, flu-like symptoms, difficulty in breathing, coughing, abdominal pain, diarrhea, sore throat, chronic sinusitis, itchy eyes, red eyes, sensitivity to light, memory loss, difficulty in thinking, loss of concentration, confusion, disoriented, dizziness, loss of balance, chest pains, kidney problems, skin rash, dehydration, body temperature increase or decrease, night sweats, numbness or tingling in the arms, legs and fingers, heavy menstrual flow and prone to infections more easily.
There are also less common symptoms that toxic molds can cause which can include a lightheaded sensation, panic attacks, tremors, attention deficit disorder, problems with your vision, depression, anxiety, swollen lymph nodes, weight gain, hearing loss, chronic fatigue, nose bleeds, hives, easily bruised, infertility, miscarriage, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, hair loss, heart attack, seizure, developmental delays in children, the inability to handle stress, mood swings, upper respiratory infections, vomiting, jaundice, stomach ulcers and in rare cases – death.
If you believe that you have one or more toxic mold symptoms, you need to see your doctor immediately to test for exposure. Your doctor can do a series of blood test that can check for the effects of toxic molds on specific systems of your body. From there your doctor can recommend a treatment or offer advice on how to remove the poisonous fungus from your body. You may also want to consider specific vitamins and minerals that may help rev up your immune system and fight the toxins in your body.
And finally, don’t forget your home environment. It won’t do any good to remove the toxins from your body if there is mold in your home. If you’re unsure of where to begin, you may want to consider hiring a black mold removal professional to test your home for funguses. Once you’ve determined the source of the problem, you can try to remove the mold yourself, or you can hire a mold remediation company to do it for you, which may be best to prevent further exposure to mold poisoning.