How to Get Rid of Mold


If you find yourself constantly sniffling, sneezing and coughing all year round, you may very well have an allergy to certain molds. Just like that science project from leftovers in the back of your fridge, mold can survive almost anywhere there is moisture.

And when it’s summer, many homes are overrun by fungi growth because of the extreme humidity in their area. So now that you know what the problem might very well be, why don’t we show you how to get rid of mold and give your home a clean bill of health.

One of the most common areas of the home where mold can be found is the bathroom. Most mold tends to hide in the tiles of your shower, the bathtub, windowsill and under the bathroom sink. But, one of the most forgotten places where the fungus can grow is inside of the tank of your toilet.

To clean these areas you’ll need to arm yourself with a good pair of rubber gloves at the very least. You’ll also need to invest in a good mildew remover product, unless you know you have black mold, then you’ll want to use one specifically made for the dangerous fungi.

Spray the black mold removal product where you can see visible mold or mildew and where they grow the most. Most of these places include underneath faucets, in your shower, on windowsills and of course in your toilet’s tank.

Another common room where funguses tend to grow is your kitchen. Under your refrigerator, behind the refrigerator, in the refrigerator, well you get the picture. Mold can also grow in dark spaces such as cabinets and dishwashers. And if you don’t rinse your dishes or wash them every day, you can expect some sort of fungus to be growing in your kitchen sink.

Again, you’ll want to use a pair of rubber gloves before you clean up the mold problem and you can use a product designed for the fungus you’re dealing with. If a chemical near your food sounds a little too scary, you can use a mixture of vinegar and water to clean the problem area. Just be aware that this may not be a permanent solution.

And surprisingly it’s not all that uncommon to find mold on your bedroom ceiling or in your carpet. As with before you can use a product designed specifically for the problem on the walls and ceilings or you can use a solution of vinegar and water if you’d prefer something a little easier on your lungs.

If you find that your carpet is growing the fungus, you can either clean it with a product designed for moldy carpets or if the problem is too large you can just replace the carpet.

In reality, no room is safe, especially if you live in an area with a lot of humidity. Basements, bathrooms, kitchens, even living rooms and garages can be affected. But, the good news is, you now know how to get rid of mold safely and effectively with the simple steps above.