Household Mold Removal Tipsby Alana Morein
Despite the media’s recent scare over mold, it isn’t always necessary to hire a professional to cleanup mold growth from your home. In fact, some mold simply requires a little household mold removal to get your home back to being healthy once again. Here’s what you need to know:
There are many funguses that aren’t as dangerous to your health like including information on how to remove pink mold. And while they do need to be removed from your home, you don’t need to arm yourself with eye goggles, or a respiratory mask, or block off park of a room just to remove them.
As a matter of fact, some may be as easy as tossing food out of the refrigerator. Of course getting rid of mold isn’t always that easy, but it isn’t really that difficult either.
For example, most shower mold can be removed by spraying the affected area with a product that’s designed for bathroom mold. Then all you need to do is allow it to set for the time indicated on the bottle and wipe it clean.
However, there may be instances where you’ll need a little more power behind that cleaning product to remove more stubborn molds. You may also find yourself needing to actually use protective gear like rubber gloves, goggles and a respiratory mask.
These items will be necessary when you have to work around toxic black mold. And if that’s the case there will be a little more work involved than just spraying and wiping away the problem.
You’ll need to seal off the affected area using plastic sheeting and tape and you should make sure that you turn off any ceiling fans, air conditioners or central heat and air systems in that room to prevent fungus spores from becoming airborne and infecting other areas of your home.
Next you need to find the source of the fungus growth and make any repairs necessary. Then you should remove or cover any items in the affected room to prevent mold from contaminating them.
You’ll then want to apply a mold spray that’s specifically formulated for toxic mold. Then, let the cleaner set for the time specified by the manufacturer’s directions and wipe the area using a clean wet rag.
Once the mold has been removed, you may want to consider investing in a dehumidifier if you haven’t already done so. In the meantime, if there’s still any moisture in the affected area, you can speed up the drying process by placing several fans in the room near the affected area.
If moisture is a common problem in your region, in addition to the dehumidifier, you may want to consider installing an exhaust fan in the room and open windows whenever possible to reduce the humidity in the room. Otherwise, you may find yourself constantly needing to cleanup mold in your home.
However, when you take the time needed for household black mold removal, you may never have to worry about another fungus invasion again and that’s certainly a breath of fresh air.